We are looking for a HR Advisor to join our team. It will be your role as HR Advisor to deliver the HR department mission, vision and values by providing proactive, flexible HR support to all employees, whilst driving best practice to comply with all company procedures, documented polices and employment legislation. You will provide HR support and advice for around 300 employees and managers. The position is based at A J Maidens in Telford and will involve travel to our other regional sites in Birmingham and Rugby.
Roles & Responsibilities of the HR Advisor:
- Provide day to day support and advice to employees and managers on all HR related issues and company policies and procedures.
- Support departmental mangers with the recruitment process in conjunction with Group Recruitment by screening candidates and supporting managers with the interview and onboarding process.
- Support all Group HR activities including employee development initiatives, the group apprenticeship programme and employee engagement activities.
- Fully utilise the HR system by updating employee information, supporting employees and managers with its usage, including any workflows, to ensure GDPR compliance and the production of relevant and current statistical data.
- Promote employee engagement throughout the employee life cycle to encourage the cultural change required to meet the evolving needs of the Group.
Required Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally you will have completed or are studying towards a HR qualification. Knowledge of coaching and mentoring skills and train the trainer experience would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of working within the logistics sector is preferable.
- Working knowledge of HR Management systems, preferably Cascade HR.
- Experience of handling absence, disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Able to build strong relationships with management teams and promote the HR function building trust and credibility within our sites.
- You will have excellent communication and administration skills with the ability to extract and analyse HR data to help you build a persuasive argument based on logic and objectivity.
We offer our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance.
- Employee and customer referral schemes.
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.