This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced driver to take on the Role as Driver trainer and Compliance Officer at Maidens of Telford. It is your role as Driver Trainer to ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to with a keen eye for Health & Safety. You will be inducting all new drivers into the company, complete all essential training for each driver, including FORS training.The daily duties of this position will be compliance-focused.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Driver Trainer:
- Complete DCPC with all Driving Employees
- Work with the Kinaxia Training & Compliance department to ensure all the correct processes are in place for the efficient running of the DCPC.
- Maintain and develop effective transport compliance policies and procedures
- Review and implement all training requirements, for both operational staff and drivers
- Analysis of all commercial vehicle accidents and incidents, identify all route causes and drive corrective actions to minimise repeat failures.
- Monthly KPI’s and reports to take back to the board.
- Support the company with insurance claims where needed.
- Ensure the site operates within the conditions of the O’Licence, if required
- Keep up to date with all driving legislation, including drivers’ hours rules, tachographs
- Train and induct all new employees on Health & Safety
- Train and induct all new Drivers on all aspects of their role
- Manage Driver Infringements
- Use the HSE portal to report all accidents, incidents both vehicle and personal.
Key Skills & Experience of a Driver Trainer:
- Comprehensive understanding of transport, drivers and plant operation legislation.
- Experience with Health & Safety, including risk assessments, and the implementation of Policies and Procedures.
- Great man management skills
- Experience using Telematics systems to manage drivers
- Computer literate
- FORS experience would be advantageous, you will be given full training
- Willing to undertake further training as and when needed
- Hold a full Class 1 Licence. (instructors Licence would be advantageous & training can be given)
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.